The current version of the Waterloo Pentecostal Assembly website was launched on September 7th, 2009. The new design includes standard’s compliant markup in order to display correctly across multiple platform and browser versions. However, it has only been tested on Internet Explorer 8.0x, Firefox 3.0x or later, Safari 3.1x or later, and the new Google Chrome Browser (we recommend you use Firefox to browse the web).
This site is powered by WordPress (WordPress.org), a powerful and flexible solution for the management of content (for more on WordPress, read this documentation). The site is hosted on a Grid Service server by MediaTemple and it was built using the following tools:
- A Windows XP Professional and Apple Macintosh Imac machine
- Photoshop CS4 (for layout and all graphics)
- Notepad ++ (for coding and development)
- XAAMP (for testing the design/coding).
- SmartFTP and FireFTP (for transferring files – SmartFTP is no longer free so we switched to FireFTP)
- Advanced Excerpt by Bas van Doren (fine control on how exerpts are displayed in post lists)
- Akismet by Matt Mullenweg (keeps nasty spam comments away!)
- Audio player by Martin Laine (used for our sermon archive)
- Breadcrumb NavXT – Adminstration Interface by John Havlik (helps with knowing where you are on the site)
- cforms by Oliver Seidel (This nifty plugin we use for all the forms on our site.)
- Manageable by Aaron Harp (helps us with some of the backend stuff)
- Shutter Reloaded by Andrew Ozz (gives our website some fancy image action…click on an image that is part of a post/page to see what we mean)
- The Future is Now! by Ryan Boren, maintained by Scot Hacker. (used with our events stuff)
- WordPress Database Backup by Austin Matzko (automated backup so we keep our site archived in case of disaster)